Saturday, November 9, 2013

BT Line Bites: I Ran Over a Deer? #BloodTies#Vampire

“I’m sorry love, you are just so … fetching,” he whispered as he pulled away, the cool touch of a kiss lingering. He gazed at me through lowered lashes then picked up a strand of my hair and brushed it against his lips, gently, back and forth as if he were petting his mouth. A smile came, a soft curl of lips. I stiffened and looked back up to those fascinating eyes drowning in darkness.
“So Liz, college student … all the way from Iowa, will you remember me?”

“No, I won’t remember you Stephen,” I said. A thread of fear worked its way through my veins as his eyes continued to darken.

He sighed. “More’s the pity,” he said. He was silent for a moment then inhaled a deep breath, closing his eyes, the look of peaceful rapture on his face. He slowly exhaled and opened his eyes. “Do you remember what happened?”

“I … I ran over you?”

He quirked an eyebrow. “Well now, I must be losing my touch.” He paused, his fathomless eyes gazing into mine. “Try again Liz. You ran over a deer.”

“A deer?” I understood his words but they didn’t make sense. “But you don’t look like a deer,” I argued. 

He hitched up one side of his mouth into a wry smile. “Well then Liz, pretend you ran over a deer and you never saw me. So, what did you run over?”

“I ran over a deer.”

“Excellent,” he said approvingly. “Now what do you see on the fender of your car?”

“I see blood … blood from a deer,” I said with pride. I was good at this game.

His lips twitched in amusement. “You’re doing well Liz. Now let’s go back to your car. Someone will be by shortly to help you.” He wrapped his arm around mine and drew me towards my car. “Now don’t forget to be careful driving in this fog. I wouldn’t want you to run into another deer.”

I nodded. “Yes deer, I will be careful.” 

He snorted, and then broke out into laughter.






No comments:

Post a Comment